Re: Installing from 2.3 floppy set

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 08:29:10PM +0200, Erik van der Meulen wrote:
> I have made a disk set from the Woody tree in order to install on an old
> IBM Aptiva 486DX2. I manage to load the rescue/root/driver disks just
> fine. Next I install my network module without problem and I continue to
> the network installation for the base system.
> This starts off allright, but ends with an error:
>
>   Failure trying to run: mount -t proc proc /proc
>
> and after that:
>
>   debootstrap exited with an error

Thanks for being brave and testing the new boot-floppies, which are
currently under heavy developent and really need lots of testing by as
many people as possible.  Please have a look at http://lists.debian.org
and browse the boot-floppies and testing mailing lists archives for
more information on the current state of things.

> Also, I am unable to write the bootstrap to the disk. I do not know what
> goes on here. I have tried to partition a 10MB /boot partition, but that
> does not help.
>
> Any pointers much appreciated!

Try debian-boot@lists.debian.org and debian-testing@lists.debian.org

Cheers,