DSelect

  I've got a newbie problem with DSelect.   When I choose 'Select' browse
the packages, there are about 100 things selected to be installed that are
not currently installed, and I don't want.   When I try to press the '-' key
to not select them, many of them give me crap about dependencies.  It would
take me hours to go through them all.   My number one priority is to not
screw up my system.   How can I clear the whole list to the machine's
current install state so I can select only the one tiny package I want?

  In the end I used apt-get to get what I wanted.   But I won't be able to
use DSelect until I figure this out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Stokes
Pie in the Sky Software
www.pieskysoft.com