DSelect

Dear Joost, (cc sent to debian-user@lists.debian.org)

Reading the past few mail's you wrote, you expressed that you are a dselect
fan and know your way arround in the program. I found myself in the
following situation that dselect was unable to solve. (then again, i *might*
not have made myself clear to dselect ;])

I installed KDE 2.1, this uses htdig for it's help system. htdig 'recomends'
a web server. I was unable to install without one, so i opted to
do-it-myself. I went to my always-handy virtual console and used dpkg to
install htdig. Now dselect keeps complainig about it "install a bl##dy httpd
you $#@#@$". In the documentation (yup i love 'RTFM') i read 'dselect does
not handle recommends too well'.

Is there a way (other than installing a webserver) to fix this? The only
thing i can think off is an empty package providing httpd.
BTW my Debian is potato R2

Yours,
Nico de Haer