integrity check?

Is there a way to have apt check all the installed packages and look
for missing files or modified files?  I've found over the course of time
some missing libs and such and instead of rebuilding the machine it
would be alot easier to find out what I accidently removed, etc.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: