Re: Why use fakeroot when compiling kernel?

IMO and many will tell me I'm wrong. tools like sudo and fakeroot make sense on a large system where you have to give more than one person root rights for some things but do not want to give them this power for everything. On a system where there is only one person who can do everything root needs to do I think they introduce just one more way to get root or at least part of root. I will admit that I know more about sudo and not so much about fakeroot.