Re: Why use fakeroot when compiling kernel?

Thanks Ray,

Let me rephrase the question. I've never used fakeroot or sudo but
realize that they allow root privileges without being root. What I'm
wondering, and I know this is very basic, is why it is better to do
whatever you're doing as a fake root rather than as the real root? Is it
a matter of security, convenience, what?

Ken