Modeprobe: Can't locate module ne

Hi all, I want to do a fresh Potato install on an IBM Aptiva 466.
I have inserted a Novell/Anthem ne2000 Ethernet adapter and want to
install the base system through my LAN.
After the third driver disk, I try to load the ne module. This results
(after I have tried numerous irq and io settings) in the message:

  Modprobe: Can't locate module ne

This seems to indicate the module is not on the disks? The Debian
installer does let me select it from the menu. Or does this mean that my
card cannot be found and that it might be misconfigured?

Any help much appreciated!

NB Does anyone know of a good boot disk do diagnose this type of irq/oi
conflicts (in old IBM systmens ;-)

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>