Re: Logging Init output?

It is annoying that not all the messages that go to the screen go
somewhere else.  As one possible reason for this, I'll just tell you
what happened when I tried to alter the scripts to write more stuff to
a file: it didn't work.

The problem is that early in the boot process the file system is
read-only (or at least some of the file system is).  Then the fact
that I got errors from illegal writes in turn caused more serious
problems.  At least that was my interpretation of what happened.  I
backed out the logging, and things went back to normal.