Re: IP Maquerading: no connection to external network

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 11:56:52PM +0200, Brendon wrote:
> Gateway: external ip 195.38.200.201 internal ip 192.162.0.1
> Laptop: internal ip 192.162.0.2
> desktop:......
>
> the gateway is able to access the net and the laptop.
> the laptop is able to ping the gateway on both it's external and internal ip
> but cannot access (ping) external sites by either their ip or name.

The laptop has no default route set, is my bet.  If that is the problem,
then you can fix it on the laptop by doing:

/sbin/route add default gw 192.162.0.1

If the laptop is running the likes of windows, well, maybe call someone
experienced...  I'm not.

Cheers,

Joost