Re: changing hostname

Am 22. Jun, 2001 schwäzte Adri so:

> Well, I saw the exim.conf file and there were some referrings to the old
> host name (debianAdriano) so I run eximconfig again.
>
> But now I wonder what other files still refer to the old name? What
> consequences I'm gonna run into?

I changed my hostname recently and found the following 3 files in /etc:

/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/mailname

The first should be changed when using hostname to set a new hostname. The
second should have the localhost line modified as well.

Maybe there should be a trigger for those services that require knowing the
hostname.

I found /etc/exim/exim.conf, /etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf,
etc/ppp/options.ttyXX and the ssh host key files. I've left the ssh keys
alone, but the rest was easy to change.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)