Re: [users] Re: kernel compiles

also sprach Bob Nielsen (on Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:42:23AM -0700):
> True, but you can/should configure and compile separately for each
> destination architecture, optimizing appropriately.

so yes, the argument that my athlon (thunderbird actually) will
outperform the others still holds. but i'd need to keep separate
source trees if i didn't want to make clean every single time - which
i usually don't since i experiment a whole lot and therefore change
the kernel - which doesn't take long thanks to make unless i make
cleaned it...

"a mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
                                                           -- p. erdos