Re: changing hostname

> Adri,
>
> I'm in the habbit of reading loads of magazines / install guides / howto's
> and so on.
> They all warn for this situation. None of them give a way to 'solve' this.
> They 'just' pont out to 'think hard' at the domain and hostname part.
> I know that this does not help, so i hope this wil:
>
> Use cat  and grep on your config files in /etc to find your old hostname.
>
> This is not a wonder-fix but it *should* get you there....

I'd suggest:

find /etc/ -type f |xargs grep $HOSTNAME

rather than using cat, you'll get the names of any files containing matches
back using this method. Also, it may be worth changing the search base to /
as IIRC a search on a potato box turned up some matches elsewhere on the
filesystem...

hth,
Iain