Re: opinions please: auto-backup to CDRW

Chris Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

> > You're probably better off taking a "small" hd, around 6-10GB, and
> > make nightly incremental, weekly and monthly full backups on that
> > special purpose hd. The hd should be mounted ro to prevent accidential
> > deletion and the like.
>
> One advantage of removable media  is that if something happens to your
> box (e.g. it gets stolen, goes up in flames, etc.) you don't lose your
> backups.

Of course, but I think I mentioned to make those "removable backups"
as he likes (manually, probably via a simple script) to avoid the
trouble he might run into if he misses to replace that removable
media.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt