Re: Logging Init output?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:36:58PM +0200, Mart van de Wege wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'll provide a little background first: this weekend, the loopback
> interface on my laptop stopped working. I checked all config files, and
> they are ok, I can also bring up the loopback manually with 'ifconfig lo
> 127.0.0.1 up' after which it functions normally. I have seen however an
> error message flashing by during boot, but it passes too fast for me to
> see what it says.
> Thus my question: is it somehow possible to log the output of the init
> scripts somehow, so that I can debug this problem (the error message only
> started appearing after I lost loopback, so I'm guessing they are
> related).
>
> Mart

	Hi Mart,

	You can try to catch it with a CTRL-S while booting. This will
	'suspend' any further processing of the boot process until you press
	CTRL-Q to let it continue. It gives you a chance to read and examine
	the boot messages at your leisure, but it can be hard to catch it
	when it's on the last one or two boot processes though.

	Cheers,

	Jimmy Richards