Re: APM console blanking

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:51:10PM -0700, Brian McGroarty wrote:
> I'm using the stock potato 2.2.19 kernel and I've added apm=on
> to the kernel command line.
>
> How do I enable apm console blanking? I'm not using X on this
> system, and I'd like to power off the display after 5 minutes of
> no mouse/keyboard.

I picked this up a long time ago and have it in /etc/init.d/local:

<cite>
set_dpms() {
	echo -n  "Setting DPMS for text console: "
	setterm -blank 5 -powersave on
	echo -en "\033[9;8]"
	echo -en "\033[14;10]"
	echo "done."
}

set_dpms
</cite>

--
Without having traveled a great deal, I have seen countries in
which people think that agriculture can make no progress unless