hard lock!

Hi,

	Yesterday I did an apt-get -u dselect-upgrade using woody in
sources.list.
	Now I'm having some hard lock, where my keyboard and mouse stop
answering; fortunately I was able to ssh into my machine and kill
several processes.
	This happened twice when I was visiting BXBoards site; I also
had 3 other Netscape window open so I'm not sure who, if any, is the
culprit site. I also tried with konqueror and it crashed in the same
way, that is, hard lock!
	Is somebody experiencing such locks?
	I'm using woody since the install, 2.4.5 kernel, Nvidia card
(Riva TNT2 Ultra 32MB), X 4.x with Nvidia drivers (nvidia-glx,
nvidia-kernel).
	Thanks for any info!

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21