Re: pppoe as user impossible??

Am 15. Jun, 2001 schwäzte reiner so:

> The user is member of the right group,
>
> I have played with suid root on pppd pon pppoe without success.

Look at sudo instead of suid. I think mine is set to allow "/usr/bin/pon
provider". I forgot to look today when I had my laptop on, but I think
that's all I have.  It might be setup to work without passwd authentication,
e.g. "NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pon provider".

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
# Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on