"kabelfoon" modem installation

I just installed Debian version 2.0.38 and now I have a lot of questions The first, and most important one, is how to get my "kabelfoon" modem (cablemodem) to work. It's connected to a normal serial port. I get some reaction from it just using PPPconfig but then it just dies. I seems I have to use a TCP/IP connection (and something with SLIP but I have no clue as how to install this. I already tried to install SLIPLOGIN with dselect. And I can't get that to install. Please someone help me!!!!!!!!
You might need someone Dutch with a kabelfoon modem because I don't know of any other ISP that use these modems

Thanks in advance

Tino van Uffelen