Re: Dual processor PIII 866 versus single Pentium 1.4Ghz

For multiprocessor support, intel is not as horrid as you proclaim it to
be.  No question, AMD rocks.  But there are not many (any at all?) dual
cpu boards out there and the support for more than one processor with AMD
is still quite immature.  For mid-range and up servers, multiple CPU's can
be a big win and intell is still the best choice for that type of
solution.  I'm quite pleased that AMD has pulled ahead with a faster bus I
anxiously await a solid dual AMD cpu solution.  As soon as comes along I
will no doubt convert all my multiprocessor intell systems to AMD.

vector