Re: installing new kernel

> May I suggest that you forget all that? To me the simpler way would be to
> get the source for the kernel, set it up according to the Kernel-HOWTO at
> www.linuxdoc.org, build yourself a kernel, run make-kpkg to make yourself
> a set of kernel-source,kernel-image, and kernel-doc deb files (they'll end
> up in /usr/src/),

okay excuse this lameness if it so applies BUT:

....I issued make-kpkg in /usr/src/linux ( after doing make
dep/clean/bzImage/modules/modules_install ) and it seemed to work albiet i
see no *.deb files in /usr/src.....I don't see any kernel*.deb files
anywhere...

also how do i create a book disk in debian ie: what is equiv. to mkbootdisk
as that command shows no such file or command.....

lee
-====