Re: [maybe OT] viewing ansi art ?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 09:58:52AM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> you shouldn't have to do anything really.  I've attached my /etc/issue from
> the linuxlogo package in sid, try cat'ing that, and let me know what
> you see.  Works for me on the console (w or w/o fbdev), and in xterms.
> Note I didn't reply to the list due to the attachment (yours isn't
> there so I'm assuming the list software strips attachments, which
> really isn't too unreasonable)
> -Jon

Hi,
Actually I was trying to design my own issue file. For instance I have made
a simple logo using mdraw (availabe from metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux) . I have
attached this file. While I can cat the issue file that comes along with
linux_logo package and it work fine . I can not do it with the logo I have
made using mdraw (and ansi art program). It turns out if you start mdraw on
say tty1 and save some drawing. You can cat it on the same tty1 after exiting
mdraw and it looks fine . But try doing that on another tty and it is all
garbled. So it seems mdraw initialises the terminal in some way . This is
what I am trying to figure out . And if it is possible to include this
initialisation string as part of the custom logo itself . I would be
gratefull if you  could help with this ? Do try to cat the attached
ansi file on to your terminal . You should be able to see "debian" in
blue. If you see "debian" but character filling it then it is not
working .

PS: I think I forgot the attachment the last time (oops! :-)
sincerely
B Thomas
 \  /,      /  >.               Balbir Thomas
  \  /,   _/  /.                <thomas.1037@osu.edu>
   \_  /_/   /.                 Dept. of Mathematics, MW250
    \__/_   <                   Ohio State University,
    /<<< \_\_                   Columbus, Ohio 43201
   /,)^>>_._ \                  Tel-614-424-6817
        // ````