Re: Sendmail wont accept outside mail properly

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:05:07 CDT, James Brents writes:
>On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Robert Waldner wrote:
>> Ah, and have you tried rebuilding your aliases, just to make sure you
>>  haven´t got bitten by the recent libdb-woes in testing/unstable?
>
>I hadn't, but I just did and restarted sendmail with still no such luck.
>So unfortunatly this doesnt appear to be the problem either.

One last idea: have you actually verified that sendmail queries the
 right things about the right domains from the nameservers, or have you
 just seen that there are packets to/from them? If in doubt, use
 tcpdump´s "-w"-option to capture and look at it with ethereal.

Oh, and one even laster idea: try strace´ing the sendmail-process, look
 for anything weird.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "A difference between computers and cars is that computers
--  usually do not kill people who will not adapt to them.