Re: Xfree86-4 and large default fonts

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 08:58:30PM -0500, John Patton wrote:
> I've recently upgraded from potato to testing, including the
> switch to Xfree86 version 4. Everything is great except that
> the default font size for many applications (like netscape
> and ddd) is now rather huge. I use 800 x 600 screen size,
> and specify 75 dpi in my xservers file (the actual dpi is
> more like 63). Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know
> how to solve it on a system wide basis? I'm at a loss as to
> why that suddenly happened. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> John Patton                      patton66@home.com
> Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225
>
> "Hope is the dream of a waking man." - Aristotle

	Hello John,

		I'm don't really know if the following suggestion will help or
not. But try taking a look at the file /etc/X11/fs/config. I have a line
in mine with this statement 'default-resolutions = 100,100,75,75'. Maybe
if yours says the same and you were to change the '100,100,75,75' to
'75,75,100,100' that would get you the 75 dpi fonts you want, but like I
said, I dunno really, just a guess.

	Hope that might help, Cheers.

	Jimmy Richards