Xfree86-4 and large default fonts

I've recently upgraded from potato to testing, including the
switch to Xfree86 version 4. Everything is great except that
the default font size for many applications (like netscape
and ddd) is now rather huge. I use 800 x 600 screen size,
and specify 75 dpi in my xservers file (the actual dpi is
more like 63). Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know
how to solve it on a system wide basis? I'm at a loss as to
why that suddenly happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." - Aristotle