Re: RealPlayer Proxying?

>>>>> "Ashley" == Ashley Clark <aclark@ghoti.org> writes:

Ashley> Is there something I can use to proxy realplayer requests
Ashley> through my firewall? I seem to remember that real.com used to
Ashley> have a proxy w/source available on their site but all I can
Ashley> find now is their 4000 US$ proxy engine. Surely there's
Ashley> something else/better available.

Kernel 2.2.x has a module called ip_masq_raudio.o which does just
that. Unfortunately, the latest version of Realplayer has a different
protocol which does not work with this module.

My setup is:
- Squid proxy on the gateway host (with IP masquerading), which
fetches all requests from my ISP's (mandatory) proxy.
- Realplayer doesn't seem to like Squid, so I specified the ISP's
proxy in its configuration. This seems to work well.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>