Re: new ethernet card

Sebastian,

thanks so much for your prompt reply.

I saw I have the config modversions set to y

I saw /usr/src/ and it's empty.

I went in /boot/ and I saw the config-2.2.19pre17 file

what does "pre17" mean?

If I type "apt-get install kernel-source-2.2.19pre17" I get a

"E: package not found" error or something similar.

If I type
"apt-get install kernel-source"
or
"apt-get install kernel-source-2.2.19"

it finds the 2.2.19 package. Is it the same?

Thanks so much
Bye
Adri

At 17.09 18/06/2001 +0200, you wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Adri wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> the old ethernet card I had was not supported under Win2000 and another one
> was not supported under linux.
>
> So, now I have a new ethernet card. It's Cnet PR0200(B). It's not in the
> supported hardware list but the bundled disk contains the source of the
> driver for linux and a readme file.
>
> Now:
>
> "
>    A. Compiler command:
>
>       A-1: For

[...]

> Could you suggest me a better procedure to do the whole thing?

Done.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan