Problem w/ linking to /etc/X11/X

 I just upgraded my testing box (which is running Potato) to include
the
 Woody version of X (4.0.3).  I got the same error that I've seen that
most other people have gotten with it talking about "X: cannot stat
/etc/X11/X".
I've seen suggestions of linking /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 to it, but the
problem is that I don't have that on my system.  I have an
XFree86_SVGA,
but no just "XFree86".  Does this mean that something didn't work in
the
process of upgrading?  Or am I just not looking at the right thing?
Hmmm...
it's just a good thing I didn't toast my production box...

Thanks for any help in advance,
Jeremy