Re: Samba and 2k

* On 16-06-01 at 19:00 Daniel Jones (ddjones@speakeasy.org) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
[...]
> //Name or //a.b.c.d in My Computer.  Attempts to have 2k log
[...]

Do you mean \\SERVER\SHARE or did you actually try //SERVER/SHARE ?

The first is correct, the second fails since it is incorrect syntax.
[...]
+----and here the quote ends----+
To view what services are offered on your SMB network can be viewed from you
w2k machine open a command prompt (MS-DOS prompt) on you w2k machine and type
"net view" command, that will show you the servers (machines that share
services on SMB network).

Are you connected into a domain? Have you created an machine account on the
samba server for your win2k machine?

Good Luck!

Bostjan
--