Re: Getting Mutt to view jpg files

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 11:08:05PM +1000, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> How do you set up Mutt so that you can view jpg attachments.  For some
> reason, I can view html - (mutt fires up lynx for me) and I can view pdf
> (mutt fires up xpdf for me), but even though I have gtksee installed I
> can't seem to view the jpg attachments.  How do I config mutt so that it
> will view jpg attachments?
>
> I would also like to know how to change it so that mutt fires up
> netscape instead of lynx for the html attachments.
>
> Also, what do people use for viewing jpg attachments?  Should I get gimp
> instead of gtksee? - I don't really intend on creating any jpg files just
> being able to view what people send me in the mail.

this is not a mutt problem, you have to configure your /etc/mailcap. add
something like
image/jpeg; /usr/X11R6/bin/xli '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; description=JPEG Image; nametemplate=%s.jpg
            put your image viewer here

yours martin
--
GnuPG 1024D/3E8DCCC0 30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0
   work: factline Krisper Fabro Harnoncourt OEG (www.factline.com)