tmpfs cleanup (was: Re: Grub: Does it allow for modularized kernel fs)

Herbert> Actually, I use LVM and initrd-tools together and it does
Herbert> work. You need to use the provided scripting mechanism to
Herbert> mount tmpfs on /etc in order to run vgscan/vgchange.

Great! I'm going to try that some time.

Now something different:

I've been using tmpfs for a while now, and I've run into a few
problems. I have noticed that files are not removed from memory/swap
after the fs is unmounted. (This can be a serious memory leak.)

Is there a way to force the kernel to release the space used by these
files? (Something like freedamdisk for regular ramdisk devices.)

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>