Re: Running Windows Apps on Linux
- To: "Ian Perry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "'Debian Users'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Running Windows Apps on Linux
- From: John <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:53:58 -0500
- Message-id: <01061513535800.04576@cd632368-b>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday 14 June 2001 22:30, Ian Perry wrote:
> Is it possible to run Microsoft Windows Apps (such as Excel etc) in
> XWindows or is there a utility which allows this ?
VMware, win4lin, and wine. (wine is the only free one)
but before you decide to use windows programs, why not see if there is a
simmilar one for linux? for instance, there is a good spreadsheet program not
unlike excel called kspread. in fact, there are several good office suites
for linux. Koffice being one of them.