lp0 on fire

I was printing a rather large label job from a local debian machine to a
remote debian machine that has an old dot matrix printer attached to it.
After about 10 minutes of printing to the remote printer, the message "lp0
on fire" popped up on the remote machine's terminal and the printer stopped
for a minute or so. The printer then continued, but the "lp0 on fire"
message keeps coming up every several minutes along with the corresponding
pause in printing. I did not find a similar message on the local machine.

I do not recall this message when I would attach the dot matrix printer to
the local debian machine and use the printer as a local printer.

Any ideas what is happening? BTW, the print job came out fine.

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:rkrjrdn@epix.net