kernel 2.4 and cs4232 [semi-urgent]

Hi,

Sound, my personal blind spot...

When I upgraded to kernel 2.4.x some time ago I lost sound, and
haven't been able to get it back on two out of three machines.

We have a bunch of demos monday and it would be nice to put something
flashy on the kiosk system (which is one of the sound less ones).

This used to work, with 2.2.18 and still does on one 2.4.2 system:
modprobe cs4232 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0

now I get "init_module: No such device", all systems running
"unstable". sndconfig doesn't seem to deal with 2.4 kernels (complains
about sound_core missing, I wonder if I can alias that away...)

TIA,
-Jon