Re: [users] Also...

Martin,

At 14.40 15/06/2001 +0200, you wrote:
also sprach Adri (on Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:31:34PM +0200):
> Any similar utility under Debian?

nope, and that's why debian is so good. if you need those utilities,
get redhat or suse or progeny! those gui utils have inherent problems
on systems like linux where config files may be edited by hand too.
and of course, as micro$oft proves here and there, no gui utility can
capture all the configuration options of a text file.

> Or should I edit manually all the conf files with an editor?

yes. that's the idea. that's debian.

don't get upset, I was just asking.

Linuxconf wasn't a gui app, it worked in terminal, just like the debian installer !

Anyhow I immediately received many answers about the apt stuff.  Thanks!

I managed to instruct apt to use my cd rom as source and installed linuxconf in the blimk of an eye. Nice!

I got lost in dselect, instead.

About hardware detection, I understand there's no aid, so I have to manually set my peripherals - thanks kent

Bye
Adri