Any program to help achitectural drawing?

I'm not an architect or engineer but I'm involved in helping to design a
house. Any suggestions for the best drawing program to use? I'm fairly
familiar with xfig but I wonder whether there is anything else that
is specifically intended to help with architectural drawing.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Those who publish make themselves public in more ways than they
sometimes realize. Authors may sell their books: but they give
themselves away.                              [F.L. Lucas]