Re: Galeon installation (compiling from source) fails: no vfs?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:40:01PM +1000, Andrew Sione Taumoefolau wrote:
> I'm attempting to get the Galeon source compiled (acquired from the
> sourceforge ftp server), but ./configure fails with this message:
>
> 	checking for GNOME - version >= 1.2.0... yes
> 	checking for additional GNOME modules...  vfs*** applets library is not
> 	installed
> 	configure: error:
> 	*** GNOME 1.2.0 or better is required.
> 	*** gnome-vfs 0.6.0 or better is required.
>
> I have both the libgnome-vfs0 and libgnome-vfs-dev packages installed,
> and couldn't turn up any other packages mentioning "vfs" at
> http://packages.debian.org/. I'm pretty sure I've got all of the base
> gnome packages installed
>
> I'm running Debian unstable, kernel 2.4.4,, using the S3 X server
> (3.3.6)

You may have those packages/files installed but do you probably don't
have the correct version.  My potato box shows -
scab:~$ gnome-session --version
Gnome gnome-session 1.0.55

I would think upgrading to GNOME 1.2.0 would be a pain with potato but I
might be wrong.  Someone may have built a package for stable.  Check the
archives.  Someone else might chip in with the way to do this.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted