RE: iptables logging to console (all basic solutions have failed)

Thanks John,

OK I appended debug=0 to /etc/lilo.conf (append="debug=0"), re-run lilo and
rebooted.

And the outcome was not good. No services run.

All I get is lots of errors:
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
/etc/init.d/rc: 0: command not found
etc.

Anyway, why would setting the level of debugging (which certainly didn't
work here) have anything to do with whether messages go to the console or
not?

Thanks for trying.

Regards,
Adam