Re: iptables logging to console (all basic solutions have failed)

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 07:32:46PM +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running Debian testing with a custom compiled 2.4.5 kernel. Since I've
> enabling logging with my iptables rules (at info and warn levels) every
> single log is being output to the current console.

set your debug level to 0. This can be done at boot (iirc
debug=0), or alt-sysrq-0.

> At no point in /etc/syslog.conf do I have any logging to /dev/console. And
> attempts to log to, say, /dev/tty8 work but continue to log to the current
> console.

I'm not sure, but wouldn't the line about 'emerg' apply?

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
O cigarro disse ao fumante: Hoje você me acende, amanhã eu te apago.