Re: grub & dual boot with 2 hd

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:26:15PM +0200, Guy Geens wrote:

> Guy> following in /boot/grub/menu.lst:
>
> Guy> title Debian GNU/Linux
> Guy> root (hd1,1)
> Guy> kernel /vmlinuz

Does this entry work for you? It did not work for me, so I ended up with this:

title Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.17
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17 hdd=ide-scsi root=/dev/hdb1

Which works fine. Before it didn't seemed unable to use:

kernel /vmlinuz

because it is a symlink? Also root (hd1,1) failed to work.

--
Kevin C. Smith             There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
smithkevinc@nettaxi.com    by reading. The few who learn by observation. The