Re: grub & dual boot with 2 hd

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Fox <ant@lonelyroad.org> writes:

Anthony> I want to go from booting with Lilo to Grub. I am not sure,
Anthony> but doesn't lilo have to be installed in the mbr of /dev/hda
Anthony> in order to boot both Win2k and Linux (in the above
Anthony> configuration)? Can anyone outline the steps I need to take
Anthony> in order to install grub correctly?

Install the grub package, and run
grub-install /dev/hda

This should run without errors.

Next, put the following in /boot/grub/menu.lst:
title Debian GNU/Linux
root (hd1,1)
kernel /vmlinuz

Title Windows 2000
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

Pretty straight-forward. However, I would advise you to have boot
floppies necessary just in case something goes wrong. And a copy of
the MBR won't hurt either.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>