Re: Streamed Audio application?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 07:49:12PM -0400, Ed Falis wrote:
> Anyone aware of something that can be used on Linux when a radio station
> offers streams for Windows mediaplayer or for Quicktime?

Nope.  Can't be done.  Quicktime is a patented codec, so that's out
(conceivably some company could create a binary only program for Linux
to play it, but it hasn't happened yet).  Microsoft naturally hasn't
released the necessary programming bits for somebody to create a Windows
Media Player decoder for Linux.  I am a bit surprised that nobody has
reverse engineered it, but maybe nobody has been inspired enough.

noah