Re: how to add application to icewm menu bar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 07:07:27PM +0800, Alex Kwan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using icewm window manager,
> how to add application (freeamp)
> to the menu bar of icewm, I don't want
> type 'freeamp' on the xterm every time.

vi ~/.icewm/toolbar
then add: prog freeamp (icon name) freeamp

You may need to make your own icon. Icewm needs the icons to be in a set of
two sizes like: freeamp_16x16.xpm freeamp_32x32.xpm. I've used icons from
different Windowmaker before and just changed the size to 16x16 and 32x32 with
gimp, then added them to ~/.icewm/icons/. If you do make icons labeled
freeamp_16x16.xpm and freeamp_32x32.xpm it will look like:

prog freeamp freeamp freeamp
then save and restart icewm.

--
Kevin C. Smith             There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
smithkevinc@nettaxi.com    by reading. The few who learn by observation. The