Re: Unsent mail under exim

> > Not exactly! I mean when you send a message but the dialup connection
> > is not on by your misfortune, I think that exim takes care of it and
> > queues it somewhere waiting to send it out later on.

> (as root): runq <id>
> exim tries to deliver message id.
> If no id is supplied all messages in the queue are tried to be deliverd.
>
> by default runq is run every 15 minutes.

That's option one - for the lazy ones who don't run exim as a daemon
(people like me :))) a little script like

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/exim -qff

in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ will send all unsent mail as soon as a
ppp-connection has been established.

regards,
Volker

--
NOWPRINT. NOWPRINT. Clemclone, back to the shadows again.
- The Firesign Theater