Re: Want Debian, but have questions...

John Galt wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Patrick R. Klee wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >       Well, it looks like Red Hat 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0 don't support my
> >hardware, I figure it's the 2.4 vanilla kernel.  So, I want Debian.
>
> If RedHat and Mandrake don't support your hardware, don't expect any
> miracles out of Debian: hardware configuratiuon is much harder under
> Debian.

Well, not totally true. I had a magazine Cd with Debian 2.2r0 at
home I always wantet to install but never found the time to do. When
I was then upgrading my Suse to 7.1 there was no way to get my mouse
working, neither with gpm nor with X. There were some more problems
with the Suse install so I decided to give Debian a go and was quite
happy. I can't say that every thing is perfect but I'm sure I can
figure these things out (probably with the help of this list) when
I'll have a weekend or two to spent on my machine.

Frank