Re: Anything similar to Powerpoint?

    >> Is there anything for Linux that provides at least some of the
    >> facilities of Powerpoint?

    Matthias> I've just completed a presentation using pdflatex
    Matthias> (texpower, hyperref, ifmslides) \ldots so if you're
    Matthias> already very familiar with (pdf)latex you might also use
    Matthias> this cross-plattform way of presenting things nicely ;-)

In a similar vane I use the LaTeX "prosper" package which does a very
good job of bringing together texpower, hyperref, ifmslides, in a
simple to use and familiar (LaTeX) environment and provides
plug-n-play glitz just like powerpoint, all presented using PDF.

            http://prosper.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Graham