unstable --> testing

Hello list,

I want to go back from unstable to testing in the hope for fewer broken
dependencies and so on, now: in order to install a certain gnome package
(libgnome-dev, which I need to compile Pan (I want to compile recent
versions, I am following their user-list)) I stumbled upon some
dependencies:

  libgnome-dev: Depends: gdk-imlib-dev (>= 1.9.0-1) but it is not going
to be installed
                Depends: libgtk1.2-dev (>= 1.2.10-1) but it is not going
to be installed
                Depends: libart-dev but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libgnorba-dev but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: liborbit-dev but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libesd0-dev
E: Sorry, broken packages

I'd expect that my gnome installation now matches the testing packages?
Or am I overlooking something?

--
yalu
Homepage: http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917684.