Re: Sendmail problems

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, David D.W. Downey wrote:

> Hey folks,
> 	Got a problem here. I'm using SID, and having problems with
> sendmail not rewriting addresses on outgoing email.
>
> The last known working version was sendmail_8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta7-7_i386.deb
>
> The latest was Beta10 which does not work right.
>
> Now, there used to be a file called
>
> /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail.cf/domain/debian-mta.m4
>
> This file is no longer a part of the sendmail package. I'm wondering if
> this has anything to do with why address rewrites do not occur as they
> used to, since the sendmail.mc file is trying to laod it with the line
>
> DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl

Eh? On a fresh sendmail 8.11.4+8.12.0.Beta10-2 install (into a chroot):
$ ls -l /usr/share/sendmail/sendmail.cf/domain/debian-mta.m4
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         5450 Jun  6 12:31
/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail.cf/domain/debian-mta.m4

If you don't have Beta10-2, get it, if you do, something else is wrong!

> My sendmail.mc file has the correct entry for genericstable support and
> virtusertable as shown from the lines below
>
> FEATURE(`genericstable')dnl
> FEATURE(`virtusertable')dnl
>

> Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'll need more info - likely your sendmail.mc and an example of a bad
re-write.

But none of that will be of any use if you're missing pieces ;-(

--
Rick Nelson
"...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two