Re: Samba: Problem mit check_log_size

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Hubert Palme wrote:

>  G> I'm not sure if the max log size parameter makes sense when using
>  G> --with-syslog.  The parameter should probably be ignored if syslog
>  G> support is enabled (via ./configure and smb.conf)
>
> I use precompiles packages of the Debian dietribution (and I'd like to
> avoid compiling my own :-) What parameters can I change in smb.conf?
> --with-syslog changes a default value, I guess!?

Make sure 'syslog only = no' (which is the default).
Of course, I could be guessing wrong about the root
of the problem. :-)

> (Why doesn't max log size make sense? -- the files grow
> anyway, I think...)

Samba should not be rotating files out from under
the syslogd daemon.  Not our responsisbility.
Make sense?

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter@valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry@samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry@plainjoe.org