Re: SendMail died on SIGSEGV signal.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 05:01:30AM -0700, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> Our SendMail server has been stopping with a SIGSEGV signal (SMTP-MAIL
> died on a signal 11). This is something that has never happened before. We
> upgraded about 2 months ago to potato and the server is running 8.9.3-23
> SendMail with kernel 2.2.18pre21.
>
> Anyone have an idea on what is causing this problem? We really need to get
> it solved.

Segfaults in gcc are often blamed on faulty RAM; when one of my RAM
chips failed about a year ago, I got segfaults out of ordinarily
stable programs like grep and ps.  Look on the web for the "sig11
faq", which explains how to check for bad memory.

Hope that helps.

Rob

--
Drew's Law of Highway Biology:
	The first bug to hit a clean windshield lands directly in front