Re: Network Card troubles

Robert Martinovic schrieb am Montag, den 11. Juni 2001:
[eth0 in local net, ppp0 dialup]
> I am starting to have some serious problems with my network card. It
> basically works and then it doesn't.

When exactly is "then", means: when d÷es it work an when does it stop to
work?

Is this when you have established a ppp link?

And how do you see that it "doesn't work". Can you ping machines in your
local network? can machines from your local network ping your machine?

[...]
> * Some weird errors I've seen after connecting to the net (via ppp) -
>   from /var/log/messages:
>
> Jun 11 12:20:15 versteht kernel: IN= OUT=ppp0 SRC=203.54.250.124
> DST=139.134.5.51 LEN=62 TOS=0x0
> 0 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=17095 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=1065 DPT=53 LEN=42
                                                        ^^
                                                        That's dns

You already offered much information but the output of route -n --before
and after you open ppp a connection-- would also be very helpful (maybe
after dialling into your ISP your routing  table gets messed up) in
diagnostics.

Matthias